View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 11:40 PM   #7
special-K
Special Order

Re: WTB: Early Chevy W/T Grille

Yep. Just enough to make you not want to drive it anymore... bummer . I came to a (familiar) tight right bend in the road and the rear came around like I was on ice. The thing was, it was early October and roads were dry. I countered to the left and it whipped back around just as bad, so I was sideways into the opposing lane. Hit a Taurus with my passenger side, flipped up over it (never touched the roof) and landed upside down against the bank on the other side facing back the way I came. I got my bearings, shut it off, and I hear someone saying "watch your eyes, I say "ok", and the window got broken so I could crawl out. It was a county cop and EMTs were right behind him. This road descends to the river that is the county line. It turns out, there had just been a head-on on that curve, the police and VFD had just gone down to the river, turned around, and saw me go topsy turvy over the car. There was antifreeze all over the road and that's what got me. No one got hurt bad and I didn't get charged. But I lost my ultimate work truck. Actually, it was kinda the modern incarnation of a truck I had back in the '80s
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote