View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 10:55 AM   #109
dwlambert1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Lamebridge View Post
So, when I got my BBW panel back from media blast I was kinda disappointed that there so many pinholes due to rust. The truck I cut the panel came off had a leaky roof, so the inside of the panel had a lot of rust, while the outside looked pretty good. It's that primo Canadian sheet metal, lol.

I'm definitely not a body man. The last sheet metal work I did was 8 years ago, and that was welding extensions on the tank on my Softail. In fact, the last time I did body work on a car was probably twenty years ago, and I oxy-acetylene brazed all the patches in. Since then I've played around with welders, and I'm happy that we have a couple Mig welders in our shop, 110 and 220 volt, and I have my own Tig welder. What a difference! I actually enjoyed welding up all those holes using the little Mig.

I used a little piece of aluminum as a backer for filling the holes. The radius on the edge of the aluminum piece fit perfectly into the bend in the sheet metal.
I'm right there with ya brother. When you ain't welded in so long it takes a minute to get your skills back. Looks good though
Posted via Mobile Device
dwlambert1701 is offline   Reply With Quote