View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 10:27 AM   #18
GeorgeR

Re: Marvin (1953 3100)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNUTZ View Post
This is pretty much the route I'm looking to go with my project. How long have you been working on the transformation, and any idea how much you've spent so far?

It's looking great BTW.
I'm sorry, was this question aimed at me or Torchlight? It took me a couple months, but that is working off and on. All the parts came in about what the "kit" for the 47-53 trucks is. The bulkhead connectors and end connectors are longer than I had envisioned so I did have to deviate from my original plans a little. The crimp on connections on the heater hoses did not go as well as planned. Luckily I had a very patient A/C guy. He had to double crimp them. Also any metal on the suction side will sweat like crazy so I had to go back in and use the press tape to wrap those up so they didn't leak water on the inside of the kick panel. This was hard once installed. I cut the kick panel in half and reached up in the small space to wrap that one line. Total PITA! I welded a lip on the piece I cut off so it would tuck under the other side and then held in place by the two screws.
Attached Images

GeorgeR is offline   Reply With Quote