View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 11:45 AM   #56
OutlawDrifter

Re: 1995 Sierra RCSB 2WD DD

took friday off to get some work done on the pickup. my wife had made plans for this weekend to go out of town for my birthday, so i took an extra day to get my "need to's" taken care of.

brakes were the first order of business. decided to try the nbs master cylinder swap, that was a quick easy process. i changed out both wheel cylinders since the drivers side was leaking, and put new shoes on both sides. didn't need shoes due to wear but the drivers side were ruined from the brake fluid. also found out the self adjuster wasn't working on the drivers side, so i got that cleaned up and working properly as well.

next was a new brake pedal rubber pad, and the power door lock popper. both went fast. i think it took more time to get the door panel off than it did to install the popper. i now have fully functioning pdl's!

on the nbs master cylinder. it definitely has better pedal feel. the actual braking is just slightly better. not necessarily the life altering swap i was expecting. i'm going to bleed the brakes one more time and see if they get any better.

Instagram @aceshighspeedshop
OutlawDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote