View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 12:04 PM   #12
lsxponcho

Re: 1997 Silverado Stepside Project

I sold the set of belltech hangers and shackles I had, and ordered factory replacement shackles from dorman. Also my 2" drop spindles showed up, along with some tubing. I picked up some 2", and 1.5" to build notches and a back bridge for upper shock mount location. I tossed in the perches, and diff, snugged up the plates, and tossed in a tire for my viewing pleasure, and Im happy. Wild ass guess on shock length looks like 18" length at ride height, running from the lower spring plate to where it would meet up with where the bridge will run, with enough angle for the shock to clear the frame (could also pocket the frame too if need be, but the angle doesn't look bad). I also tried my junkyard rear sway bar (89 f-150) and the bar sits across the diff nice enough, but the sway link on the drives side interferes with the gas tank so I couldn't get it centered...really to early to say if it will work, but I think if need be I could rear mount it also. It was dark by the time I wrapped up, but can't go without some quality cell phone pics.

Everything is marked now, so I can remove the box, blow it all apart again, and start cutting to build the notches. I'm wanting to do something along the lines of the avs underbed super c-notch...aaaaand offcoarse a butt load more cleaning and painting.
lsxponcho is offline   Reply With Quote