View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 11:49 AM   #108
frankslagoon

Re: 3 speed overdrive!!, now about getting it in.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by waspp View Post
So with the switch you can eliminate the governor switch on the trans and simply have manual control something like a splitter? I am getting ready to install mine soon but not sure about how I want the solenoid to operate.
That's correct. I used a nice 10 or 12 guage wire from the ign. side of the fuse block. I only pull the cable out a couple times a year just to keep it freed up. But the correct way is to use the governor to trip a relay so it comes out of o/d when ya get down to 25 or so. starten out in 1st in o/d is hard on the o/d unit and your clutch. Mine is a 4 sp. so first is low enough that I can just leave it in o/d if I don't push it. But ya just flip the switch when your comin to a stop and it will shift out of o/d and then turn it back on when ya want to go into o/d. Even if you use the governor you won't be able to drop out of o/d when your cruisen to pass or climb a hill without the kickdown circuit unless ya have a manual switch like mine someplace. In this pic you can see the wire following the speedo cable and goin up to the shifter and then back down to the solienod. I think the second dimmer switch on the floor would be cool also.
Attached Images

frankslagoon is offline   Reply With Quote