View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015, 11:12 PM   #42
Gotenntitans

Re: Learned valuable lessons today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuchito View Post
Sorry to hear about your experience. I just have a couple of things in my opinion.
As many can agree, car audio doesn't last forever, especially if it was used. There's no telling how it was abused before it was installed in your son's truck. The installer should have made you and your son aware that the system had no warranty since it was used.

There are a few things that could have caused the speakers to not work. Either they were not a good match for the amp such as the ohms not matching the amps capabilities. The gains on the amp were not set correctly. Or there was something wrong with the amp to begin with. Maybe that was the reason the original owner of the system got rid of it. And it is also possible that your sone was playing it at max level for long periods of time which put a strain on the speakers which caused them to fail. Again, this could easily happen if the gains were set too high.

Regardless, car audio is probably one of the few things I would not recommend to buy used unless you know for sure that they have not been abused.
Thanks chuchito. I'm done dealing with these guys completely. They're not the only audio installers around south Arkansas. I've spoken with several people about them and some are very satisfied with them and others say that you better watch them because they're dishonest and will install used (stolen???) stuff and give you an empty box so you'll think they put in new stuff. I believe that's what happened with us. They did tell my son that they had some used stuff and said it wasn't stolen, but I've heard the main installer for this shop is a bigtime crackhead so I'm betting that it was. Even though I was assured that the stuff wasn't stolen, they sure were quick to get it out of the truck when I took it back to them. They were very nice at first and assured me that they could get the stuff repaired for shipping costs only so I let them keep the woofer and send it back and they were gonna call me when it came back in. That was August. Still haven't heard a word and it's almost Thanksgiving.

Anyway, things will work out. I'm gonna put something in there for my son for Christmas. That'll be cheaper than wheels & tires. GTT
2003 Chevy Silverado
Gotenntitans is offline   Reply With Quote