View Single Post
Old 12-06-2015, 03:49 PM   #46
infinite-foamies

Re: 71' suburban 4x4

I have to eliminate the lever type cable control for the air/vents on my 1971 K10 Suburban project to make room for electronics. My goal is for the new setup to not protrude off the inside of the dash more than an inch.

Choke cables are cheap off Amazon so that seems like a good place to start. I am also adding A/C and a re-circulation control as stock did not have one. I should be able to better control the temperature.

Of course I can't simply just make a plate to mount the cables and fan switches, so I am 3D printing it such that text describing each control will be back-lit. Now instead of having text just lit up that tells you to push the cable for this and pull for that, I am 'simply' going to illuminate for example the 'hot' text when the temp door is on heat, and illuminate the 'cool' text when it is on A/C, however these are not on/off settings, they are linear. So my plan is to hook Linear Pot's to the cables and have the illumination fade with the control of the cable.

Here is the current drawing:
I am going to play with the slot as I am also adding Rear A/C and want a separate fan control.
infinite-foamies is offline   Reply With Quote