View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 04:27 PM   #92
4mulaSvaliant

Re: 64 "Large Marge" LWB-SWB / Build thread.

The next update will be in several parts as I dont have it complete and itll likely drag out through the rest of winter and be "unveiled" come spring.

I have become a fan of the 22" Transit wheels, and have started down that path! LOL

So I managed to snatch up a set out of Canada, and since then I have been collecting the remaining parts as well as doing a lot of homework regarding tire selection (size wise)

I also began looking for a set of hub caps I like. I hit up a buddy and sure enough he had quite a selection to choose from.
So along with some clips that a Instagram user has made available, I was able to get the hub caps mounted on two wheels and with the help of a few blocks of wood.... snap a couple pictures to see what the future holds.

So here are the 1955 Bel Air caps, and the 1966/1967 Chevelle caps I chose.

The "cap clips" (#capclips on Instagram if you are looking for them)
The set came with a drill bit and tap, however there were some minor issues in tapping the holes. Nothing to do with the product, but entirely to do with the carbon content of the steel that the wheels are made of!

A well placed block of wood gave me a pretty good idea what I was in for as a final look on the front.

And here, you can see I tried for a full side shot, but it wasnt as successful! LOL
I plan to lower the rear of the truck another 2" soon. This should take most of the "rake" out and make the rear wheel look better in the fender.

HOWEVER..... this is where my tire research is coming into play! I LOVE THE RAKED LOOK! i WANT TO KEEP A HOT ROD LOOK!
So...... I plan to run a taller sidewall tire in the rear than the front.
To be continued.........