View Single Post
Old 12-23-2015, 01:42 PM   #4
willem445

Re: What are good bang for your buck speakers these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Driver=Amp?
The audio driver is the components that convert the electrical signal to sound (pretty much the speaker itself). The amp just amplifies the electrical signal to the proper power rating for the speaker.

infinite-foamies is just trying to say that its the enclosure that really makes or breaks the speaker. A low quality speaker can sound great in a proper enclosure and a high quality speaker can sound awful in a bad enclosure. Obviously a high value speaker will sound best in a proper enclosure. Im assuming that the program that he linked takes the specs from the speaker and calculated the best enclosure for the application.

I have had good luck with Kenwood and Pioneer speakers in my car and didnt break the bank. Spent around $100 replacing all my speakers and the sound quality is amazing compared to the OEM equipment.

I currently have 2 Kenwood 6x9s in the doors of my car and Im surprised at how well they sound, highs and bass sound great. Im not even using an aftermarket headunit, just the factory headunit which outputs nowhere near the speaker power rating and still sounds awesome.

Last edited by willem445; 12-23-2015 at 01:50 PM.
willem445 is offline   Reply With Quote