View Single Post
Old 12-25-2015, 08:45 PM   #20
sdwolff98
Turning Wrenches Daily

Re: 1964 GMC 3/4 ton build :D

few things have happened since the last update. some good some bad :/ . First off was in contact with a speed shop in Oklahoma for some headers for the 8.1.... He started the whole deal off offering me a free set of dana 60 gears 3.73 ratio he said he had laying around his shop.... Which let to me mentioning I needed some tight tuck rear dump style headers for my engine... The guy said oh no problems there 375$ and your done..... Sent him the 375....... Then he is waiting for them to come in and mentioned he knows of a company working on a 8 pack stack injection manifold for the 8.1 engines and they needed someone to test fit it and get it running..... I start drooling and ask him hmmm who do I talk to??? get the email address and email them.... 495$ they said and The guy will sign you up with us for test products they said...... 3 weeks later nothing no headers no "experimental engine intake manifold"...... post up on his company facebook page "Hey what's going on I am looking forward to the headers and the test parts???", One of the members of the page and apparently his neighbor messages me did you know hes in jail?? find out the SOB is in jail awaiting pickup by the US marshalls service? sooo hmmm I guess I ain't getting my parts :/ Currently disputing it through paypal so hopefully slim hope I will get my money back especially if the marshalls seize all of his assets for fraud :/ should know something more here soon from paypal.....

And on the brighter note the body shop guy just let me know he about has the floor pan massaged in place one fenders is done and he needs a few more patch panels lol...... started out as a 1800 lets do a couple of things to a 9k paint job rotflmao not that I am complaining since the wife "encouraged" me since we were doing a few things to go all out lol......

And last couple of days without the family here finished the bench programming harness assembly for when I get hp tuners in my hands! Will be moving the desktop out to the workbench for awhile lol..

Tuesday wife son and the mother in law headed to Oklahoma...... Next morning I get a call from her saying the car was in a wreck and we are having it towed to Price Utah for a looksee..... :/ its like hell in a hand basket what next????? Radiator toasted ac system toasted front bumper trashed wiper system taken out....... Well new radiator 677$ towards my deductible ac system still remains to be fixed as the rest of the damage so waiting till she gets back this week to see how badly this turns out lol sheesh I told them take Bertha before they planned this trip "yeah she's a gas pig and all but you will be safe!!!!"

Hopefully they listen next time

But here are some pictures of the bench harness I just finished it is so nice having the proper crimping tools for this stuff lol

Sean
Attached Images

1964 GMC I1500 2wd (my baby) 8.1 allison 6 spd conversion Aka Smurf http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=438342
2016 Ram Big Horn 4WD parts hauler
2010 Chevy HHR wife new car after the circled problem blew up!!!
1981 Ram D150 /6 auto Wife's sunday driver

Living outside Gladewater Texas now working in Longview at the hospital there

future project toys:
1966 Chevy K14 carryall aka Smurfette future project 283/auto overdrive http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=551867
sdwolff98 is offline   Reply With Quote