View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 05:06 AM   #419
mattbert56

Re: 1965 C20 fleet side longbed DD low budget build.

well it's been a while since I've been on here. Life gets in the way. Funny how that happens. Crazy how much time passes with evrone else's builds. Just finished 3 hours or catching up on the builds I used to follow religiously hahaa. But haven't done much with the 65. I did just upgrade my front suspension to new 4 inch rancho lift springs. And welded on new Dom tubing shock mounts with new shocks reclaimed from a jeep. Rides like a 4x4 haha nothing much more to say than that. Old springs where TOAST. New ones are much more stuff but I kind of like it. It sits like a bang Baja trophy truck now,since I haven't lifted the back.m haha. But I think I want just a little more lift in the front. I'm going to make a set of shackles tomorrow from some stock off my steel rack see how I like it then. Past week I haven't been driving it due to what I figured was a carb issue. Still think it is. But before that I smoked my coil in my hei dizzy. Thank god for Napa they had one on the shelf bolted right up. Been running my cutouts alot. Usually when I go into town to the bar to shoot pool or whatever else. Driving beside a buddy few weeks ago he said when I opened up the 6 banger with open pipes between shifts a nice puff of blue flame would whip out at night time. Haha maybe the 600 edlbrock. Is a bit rich hahaha thought that was cool. Wish I had a picture of that. I'll upload pictures tomorrow sometime after I'm done with the pickup for the day. But feels good to be back.

1965 k20 buikd thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=628346&page=6
mattbert56 is offline   Reply With Quote