View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 05:04 PM   #30
*Kenny

Re: Kenny's project truck

This weekend made a little progress.

Originally this was a 3/4 ton long box so here is the original box. I decided to use this box and just cut it down.

Here it is cut. I have a 1/2 ton shortbox truck sitting in the driveway so I pulled the measurement off of that one and it ended up being 9 inches shorter so that is what I cut off.

Bottom of the front panel is pretty rotted out, may see if I can salvage it but if not I guess I'll buy a new one.

Drilled out the stake pockets from the front 9" I cut off and welded them onto the box.

Bolted the front panel back on for not just to test fit. Now I finally have a short box.

Put it on the frame just to see how it sits and to see how I need to modify it to bolt it on.

I know it is sitting high here. Since the original frame was a 3/4 ton the rear box mounts are in further and are resting on the s10 frame here.

Here I drilled out the old rear box mounts. They will have to be relocated out further to mount on the EZ Chassis Swaps rear box mounts bolted onto the outside of the s10 frame. First I have to pull out the dent in the brace on the far left there.

Just another look for kicks.

I have the 2" body drop EZ Chassis swap kit so I need to raise the box floor up 2", then it should sit at the right height.
*Kenny is offline   Reply With Quote