View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 01:35 AM   #44
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: LS swap for my 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrodderchev View Post
on to my next question. slip eliminator. should I get one? ive read that a NP241 with 4 inch lift and 35's aren't the best together. to much stress on the back of the case and crack it. any suggestions, horror stories, or not that big of a deal?
I'm not planning on running one in my 91 with the 241. Mine has the slip yoke riding in the middle of the travel at ride height so my truck with 4" of lift is not a problem. The driveline angles don't look bad either. The bigger issue is the aluminum case being fragile on the rocks, not so much the tailshaft housing. I need a skid plate more than a SYE.

Keep this in mind, most SYE's are sold for Jeeps due to the extreme shortness of their rear driveshafts. A SYE allows one to add a little bit of length and a double cardan joint to correct for the crappy driveline angles on such a short wheelbase. K5's have twice the length or better in the driveshaft compared to the average TJ/YJ/CJ Jeep. This is the main reason to add a SYE on a Jeep or anything, not to stress on the output itself.

Yes a SYE with a fixed yoke driveshaft will yield the most strength, but are you planning on extreme rock crawling? Or are you planning on trail riding with moderate obsticals?
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote