View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 01:12 AM   #64
K20rookie

Re: 1970 K20 Restoration

Today was a good day! Dad and I got the frame down to M&M Powder Coating in Huachuca City, AZ for blast and powder this morning.

They're going to fill and re-drill the rear bumper mount holes that were messed up, straighten the frame in the rear, and blast the exhaust manifolds inside and out.

Glad we found this place, got a great feeling from them and found them very professional. Sounds like they will also be able to do my body work and paint when the time comes.

The machine shop finish the heads yesterday as well. They look brand new.

Also ordered new polyurethane transfer case torque mount bushings from energysuspensionparts.com.

Now I just need to find some axles. Seems like the Dana 60 front is going to be hard to come by, and probably a lot more than I need. I think I'll just look for a dana 44 with discs. On the rear, I'm debating still. 14bff would be nice, and I found one, but I don't want to get in over my head with having to move spring perches. Can someone explain in detail what relocating spring perches involves? Do I need to have the front axle, transmission, t-case, and driveline installed to properly set the pinion angle before I relocate the spring perches on the rear? I'll be going from stock to 4" lift springs all around. Just confused on how I would go about this if I wanted to pick up a 14 bolt rear. I'm thinking a Dana 60 rear might be a better fit for my level of experience.

1970 Chevy K20 Restoration
2001 Chevy Suburban 2500
K20rookie is offline   Reply With Quote