View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016, 01:11 PM   #145
smbrouss70

Re: Ratchet's Blazer - 1970 2wd with Original paint

It's been a while since I posted anything about the Blazer because I have been busy getting my shop built and equipped... slowly. Chris (bowtie468) and I have been slowly building another engine for the Blazer and it is getting close to being ready for me to bring it home and make it pretty before it can go in.

The block is an old Goodwrench crate motor that came out of Oscar's truck. It only had 22K miles on it, so we brought it to the machine shop and all it needed was a good cleaning, hone, and replace freeze plugs and bearings. We re-used the crank and connecting rods, but added some Speed-Pro hypereutectic flat-top pistons and rings. Combine that with a Lunati hydraulic roller cam and some 62cc Trick Flow 195 Heads it brought my compression up from 8.0:1 to 9.75:1. It should be just over 400 HP at the crank and should make the Blazer scoot a little bit. I had everything picked out before they released the new ZZ6 crate motor but the specs are very similar so that is what I am basing my HP figures off of. It'll never be a screamer, so I'll probably never have it dyno'd. Hopefully, I'll get it in before the Goodguys Spring event in Fort Worth so I can bring it there.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -- Will Rogers
R.I.P. Oscar

R.I.P. Ratchet

1967 Pontiac GTO - Dad was the Original Owner
1970 Chevy 2wd SWB "Oscar's Truck"
1970 Chevy 2wd Blazer "Ratchet's Blazer"
2013 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax/Allison Z71 LTZ "Brown Sugar"
2017 Chevy Suburban "BDB"
2020 Chevy Blazer Premier "Foxy"

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Shop Build

Last edited by smbrouss70; 11-20-2017 at 09:27 PM.
smbrouss70 is offline   Reply With Quote