View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 02:49 PM   #84
Paul Y

Re: The English are coming! Or..another C10 in the Motherland.

So about that red rash….

When I purchased Woody I knew that he had been involved in a slight fracas on the drivers side, slightly difficult to see from the pictures but the original owner was up front about it so no foul.

Problem was that, whilst I like the general ‘patina’ I am not a fan of actual damage and the more time I spent with the new member of our family the more it began to bother me…

Never mind! My good friend and demon spring slasher ( a whole other story involving 5 sets of springs a grinder and pulling cats eyes out of a newly surfaced road…) Jay to the rescue!.

Jay restores Porsches for a living so he is quite handy at body work so, one warm summers evening, he turns up with his trusty grinder and knot brush and proceeds to look into the problem…

Ah…

Slight Fracas?

In the words of the immortal James May… Oh Cock…

Never Mind! I had a hot lead on a bed side a mere 10 miles from my front door Only problem was Martin had bought the whole thing. But, as with all things C10 in the UK the circle of life was completed and I ended up buying a repair panel from his old bedside that would serve duty on Woody.

Fast forward a few weeks and I hear that Martin had a new cab and was parting out his old one. So, as the damage to poor old Woody was not confined to the bed a deal was done to purchase the B pillar.

Martin at play with his favourite toy.

And the end result which will be used to repair…

Now I am no body man but after being quoted quite a lot of cold hard cash to have this repaired I thought, I am going to have a go at that simply because It cant be any worse than it is now!

With a Hammer and dolly set purchased I have been slowly beating out the bed side to get it to a point where I can cut it out and have a good straight (ish) panel to weld Martins bed bit onto. I will be asking questions before cutting!

Same goes for the B Pillar but the more I look at that the smaller the repair is getting…

And that is the reason that Woody has a red rash on his bed.

More to come once I actually stop using my truck as a truck.

P. 😃
Paul Y is offline   Reply With Quote