View Single Post
Old 03-06-2016, 10:37 PM   #11
focusedontheprize

Re: "Darla" - 1965 Chevy C30 Dually

Finally getting caught up on where I am now.

I turned the truck around to start taking apart the rear. As you can see to the left, I had all the donor pieces to the left ready for mockup.

The frame is in great condition, it just has been caked with mud and oil for 60+ years.

Rear end removed.

Just mocking up the 14 bolt in the rear. This is where I decided to go with the 1986 springs. I figured the effort would be worth it down the road and everything would line up.

I made the mistake of not removing the leaf spring hangers before selling off the frame so I needed to source some new ones. Found a gentleman off Craigslist who was parting out a K30 Dually. I called him, worked out a deal, and he said he would even remove all 4 of them for me for no charge. I believe he mentioned "Yeah they will be a breeze". Well long story short, it seems he thought it would take him an hour or so to remove them all - he was wrong and found that out quickly. We end up cutting the frame and just taking the whole rear section.

More than an hour later haha, I had the pieces I needed and even more than that.

focusedontheprize is offline   Reply With Quote