View Single Post
Old 03-19-2016, 09:20 AM   #11
redneckwheelman2

Re: Literally sick over this. I've done the trouble shooting and have info and pics.

how does your coolant look?
if the motor has ever been over heated its more then likely a cracked head. the throttle body heads are kinda crappy because of it. seems like it only takes one time overheating them and they crack. can only be like 230 degrees and theyll crack.

get the truck up to operating temp and let it sit for a while. maybe over night, then pull number 7 plug and spin the motor and see if it has coolant shoot out the plug hole.i wouldnt think it would be a intake gasket but its possible.
my best guess is failing head gasket or cracked head. id pull it apart and look at the head gaskets see if the are blown out anywhere. then clean the heads up and see how they look. if its been leaking enough on the gasketed surfaces you can see a little corrosion trail imprinted in the metal to the cylinder. or intake port.

2002 chevy 2500hd extended long- blackbear tune. DD
redneckwheelman2 is offline   Reply With Quote