View Single Post
Old 03-19-2016, 09:06 PM   #21
weider1717

Re: Literally sick over this. I've done the trouble shooting and have info and pics.

Bad news guys drained the oil and when I pulled the plug fresh green antifreeze poured out before the milky oil started.

here is the thing I changed the oil EXACTLY 100 miles ago from where it sits today after noticing gunk under the oil cap (see my other thread asking about the gunk under the cap) but the oil drained out normal looking no antifreeze or milky oil (at this point surely some was in there but very very little) but enough to dirty up the underside of the oil cap and valve cover.

exactly 100 miles later today I drained it and a lot of green antifreeze came out probably where I kept adding and pressure testing it etc.

So hopefully the truck only ran about 100 miles out of the 950 miles since putting it back on the road and somewhere in the later of the 950 miles the head gasket went or whatever happened and mainly the last 100 miles was hopefully the main part of the engine seeing much coolant in the oil

So hopefully lord is with me and I haven't ruined this engine :/ (don't need this bill) I will take a good break from worrying and probably tear into it and pull the heads next weekend.

Is the bottom end usually shot after this?
weider1717 is offline   Reply With Quote