View Single Post
Old 03-25-2016, 07:32 PM   #257
uber cool

Re: Uber Cool's 1963 C10 LWB Fleetside in England

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh1965 View Post
Looking good Andy , it was great too see you and mark at the swop meet . Did you get much there ? Thanks again for bringing down the prop shaft .
Yep good to meet you and Rian, shame we didnt meet up inside for a coffee and compare swap meet finds. But yes we all went home happy with what we got and will be there again next year.
Great day and weather today, nice to see spring is coming. We made great progress, carbs fitted and linkages on. Stainless steel front section of exhaust fabricated welded up with stainless wire, first time I have used stainless wire and Argon gas, welded really nice. Got the timing set and rockers adjusted and fired up nice after a little bit of tinkering and ticks over sweet. Still have the accelerator linkage to install which will be replacing the pushrods with a cable, which should give better throttle response, so not road tested it yet. But just on the drive revving it I can tell it will be more responsive with the twin carbs.

forgot to add Mark had the rocker cover powder coated and his girlfriend hand painted the logo on the rocker cover and I think it really brings the engine bay alive
uber cool is offline   Reply With Quote