View Single Post
Old 04-02-2016, 01:33 AM   #31
badherb

Re: long and hopefully good thread

So I guess this is an example of what not to do. Or an example of persistance. You choose. However I told you that the floor pans were not idea or sh!tty but its so true.
the indent for the bolt and the rib are not in the proper place on the replacement pan. Like I said WHOLE pan would be better than a small section. In order to fit he pan I had properly I had to cut it twice and I did not want too. I'm not great at this and the more cuts the more work and I tell you it was a little less than fun. So I pushed the panel forward toward the fire wall and the bolt indent worked there bu the rib did not match. and that was the proper portion to the panel. So I cut it short and grabbed whats left of the panel. and I had a small section that would give me the indent but not the rest of the gaping hole I had so I had to fit a third part in.
Well its done and now I'm almost finished with the largest portion of sheet metal replacement. May tax refund savings program check will be in in about two weeks and I will have a huge order of parts that I will be getting. All the expensive stuff. such as a headers, windshield, possibly a new instrument cluster. IDK its on a list somewhere. fun times!!!
Attached Images