View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016, 01:06 AM   #32
badherb

Re: long and hopefully good thread

So as you can see my floor pan was not ready as it did not fit at all. had to chop it up to make the grooves work and so the bolt indent for the cab would fit correctly and it was not fun but I did enjoy the aftermath of the problem cause it was now behind me. Note I will never replace one side of the floor pan ever again all or nothing I think for the next one or not at all.
So after that part of my metal work was done I started tackling the passenger door. It had a few dent and holes. I fixed them and was admiring my work when I noticed the bottom corners being a rats nest of work. Well Crap. So I grabbed the two doors I had in wait and installed them. got them fit real well. I need to purchase a new striker on the drivers door so it will stay tight shut instead of rattling, but hat it oh and more work on the sheet metal hammer and dolly and dent puller need a lot of exercise.
As you can see to gut the doors so I can work on them I ran across these funny fasteners. I know they sell a tool but I will never reuse these things. so I had to modify a flat blade screw driver to get them out and the more stubborn one got a grinder. all are out now! So I will gut these two doors and work the metal and then on too? not sure but when the parts roll in I will have mucho work in the wait.
Attached Images