View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 05:27 PM   #62
Ski-me

Re: LS swap for my 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrodderchev View Post
did you have to run the SYE kit with the 35's? I didn't put one in yet. hopefully i'll be ok for now
You'll just have to see once you get it all hooked up. Each truck is unique for some reason, and may or may not require mods.

I had to do a t-case drop due to vibration with the standard driveshaft. You could try the CV slip yoke idea, I've seen it before with success. So that would be a cheaper approach and also keep your T-case at stock position.

If for some reason it doesn't work out, you could possibly modify the driveshaft again to put a flange on one end, extend it, and have a slip installed in the shaft itself.

My truck really had some funky things going on. I only have 2.5" lift and vibrations (most would say SYE is for 4"+ lift....NOT 2.5" lifts).

I Removed everything and put it to stock suspension....worse vibration. So funky to say the least. The SYE and driveshaft removed 90% of my vibration but I still have a hair. I think it may be coming from flexplate or torque converter. Not much left for me to eliminate!!

89' K5 Blazer, 2.5" lift, 35" tires
04' GMC Yukon XL, 3/4 ton, 8.1L
Ski-me is offline   Reply With Quote