View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 02:29 PM   #78
wwhijr
SUPERscrapMAN

Re: Ever lost a tool, then FOUND IT a long time later...

Back about 100 years ago I was working on a Ford EXP. Yes that long ago. In the course of it I managed to loose a massive straight screw driver with a bright orange handle. Of course it was night and we were working under a big oak tree in a pile of leaves. I figured I would find it come daylight. Well I didn't.

About 6 months later he (the EXP owner - not the screwdriver) called and said the car smelled like burning plastic and was making a horrible noise. He said he was on his way over and hung up before I could tell him not to drive it.

I heard him coming from about 3 blocks away. It was a horrible grinding noise. He pulled in the driveway and I saw a long scratch mark down the road. Yes, My screwdriver was wedged between the firewall and exhaust and was now about 3 inches shorter and the handle was nearly gone. It made a great chisel after that.

And in other news I found a 1/2 9/16 tubing wrench in the back bumper of my S10 Blazer. It wasn't mine because all mine have my initials on them. All I can figure is I ran over it and it got tossed up in the bumper. Hey Free tools!
The BLueOx 1994 Chevy Suburban. K2500 454 Used on a daily basis.
wwhijr is offline   Reply With Quote