View Single Post
Old 05-16-2016, 11:29 AM   #17
bambbrose

Re: Camp and cruise, 72 Jimmy 4wd Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluek5 View Post
Good to see that it went to a good home. I contemplated looking at it decided not to as I already have four of them. As for your question about the doors being cut down I would guess that at least the drivers side has been. There is no hole next to the wing window for the screw so the door is 71 or older. The reinforcement plate around the latch should be spot welded on also. If your Jimmy is a 72 it would have had moulded plastic door panels. Where are you in Utah if you don't mind me asking?
I'm down in New Harmony, off of the Zion NP exit for the Kolob Canyon area.
4 blazers, I'm trying to figure out how to find the time to spend on one

Not much progress but here are the noteworthy items:

-found a GMC radiator support with the four headlights. Need to clean it up and swap it in. It's actually in pretty good shape, better than the one I'm removing.
-found a nice set of 68 fenders which from my research are the proper ones for a GMC.

I have some questions for you guys:

-For a 72 Jimmy, I see some tailgates that have GMC logos embosed into them, and then I see others that have the trim with woodgrain and GMC on that. Are units with trim the same as the GMC embossed ones, and the trim just covers this up, or are they "blank" tailgates?

-Rear bedside patch panels. I need basically the lower section forward of the rear tires, up to about half way through the bed. I also need the wheel arch, and then the rear lower section. On the passenger side, I also need a patch that covers from the taillight forward about 10" towards the front.
Thoughts on what parts I should be ordering? I can't tell what is blazer/jimmy specific. Is the bedside identical to a SWB truck? If no, what exactly is different?

Areas in red I need on both sides.
Area in green just on the passgener side to fix the hacked up spare tire mount.

Thanks for the help!
Attached Images

Last edited by bambbrose; 05-16-2016 at 11:40 AM.
bambbrose is offline   Reply With Quote