View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 12:55 AM   #74
iowaboynca

Re: "1950 GMC" -Charlotte

Just a small update on Charlotte...

Its not like i haven't been doing anything but i swear I spend some weekends just going out the garage and sit there looking at her.

So here's where we're at. I took advantage of LMC's special in late may and got the FI Tech plus the $100 rebate. Nice. I also ended up following Advanced Design and DWSR and going with the 68-69 camaro tank. At first, I was going to go with the mustang tank but all in all i know i still going to have to fab up some kind of frame/cradle to mount it so why not get the camaro tank with the same amount of fab. I also got the block hugger headers from Speed Engineering out here in fresno. I like them but...(more on that later)

As reference, where credit is due regarding the camaro tanks:
DWSR's build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...569491&page=13

Advance Design's build:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...627134&page=41

So where am I at? I've got brake lines,but not installed check, got a tank, check, got a hydroboost, check, etc. The more i look at my frame mount brake/clutch bracket, i'm just not that excited by it. I think it sits too low and will really mess with the exhaust, but i digress, i'm not working on that right now.

So I figured the best plan was to start fabbing the mounts for the gas tank and i came to the realization that the x-member that came with the speedway kit is mounted a tad too forward, thank god for bolt in. Anyway to make it right, i'm going to need to plug weld the holes i drilled earlier, but didn't have a decent copper spoon, until today! I give you the copper spoon made out of some scrap 3/4 in copper tubing and using the hammer and dolly kit i bought at the last good guys show swap meet!

To summarize. Holes have been filled. the spare tire x-member is out and flipped and the coil over x-member is at the correct 32in from the top bolt of the lower 4 link mount. (as per directions )...and i have a new tool in my spoon!

Stay tuned...
Attached Images

Last edited by iowaboynca; 06-27-2016 at 01:08 AM.
iowaboynca is offline   Reply With Quote