Thread: Ls alt wiring
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 03:16 AM   #66
Shane65

Re: Ls alt wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chevy1series View Post
I know this must be getting very annoying to have to keep answering slightly different questions of the same topic... However while reading this thread it never was explained very clearly how to connect a (ex: ) 2004 silverado 145amp alternator to c10 wiring harness with a carbureted LS engine instead of FI. I know the red power wire which connected to back lug of the original delco alternator is connected the same, and I know there's one more wire that needs to be connected to the stock c10 alt. Harness, and I do know that when going carburated you need a resistor inline to that said wire, but which terminal on the Delphi plug and which color wire from the c10 harness go together? I bough Holley's LS swap alt. Pigtail which has the resistor already and it's positioned for the "L" terminal on my alternator, is that correct?
I am still looking for an answer to this. I'm in the same boat with my 72 GMC carb'd 5.3 and am using the stock wiring but upsized the red wire. Unplugged the connection at the regulator. Any modification to the connection needed? I have an 8 gauge wire to the battery connection of the alternator. I'm left with two wires that I'm unsure what to do with. I believe one wire is needed with a resistor and the other wire is not needed. Which wire do I use and what terminal on the truck alternator(4 pin) gets the wire with the resistor. This is almost the last step before getting the truck on the road.

Last edited by Shane65; 06-30-2016 at 03:25 AM.
Shane65 is offline   Reply With Quote