View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 01:53 AM   #34
ghalperin

Re: 67 Plain Jane C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrahn View Post
Cool truck! Tell us please how long you've been looking and how you came across this gem in Arizona. Start at the beginning...
It was a total spur of the moment thing, I've always liked them and I've been thinking about finding a shop truck style C10 for Home Depot runs and the like.

On July 5th, a friend and I were discussing how cool C10's are and that it would be nice to have one. We saw some nice patina ones at the LA Roadster Show. I started looking on Craigslist. They were either junky with too many cheesy updates or very nice and too expensive. On July 6th, I decided to use Search Tempest to expand my search nation wide. Right away I found this truck listed on the Scottsdale Craigslist. I knew that it was a good find and I started email communications. I bought it the following morning. That afternoon I had it shipped home and I had the truck the following morning.

The last couple of weeks have been a pretty steep learning curve. So far my parts purchase have been good, a couple of bumps in the road, but overall pretty successful.

1960 Burro Corvair/VW Buggy - Factory made in Santa Ana, Ca

1929 Ford Model A Roadster - traditional pre-war banger hot rod
ghalperin is offline   Reply With Quote