Thread: Tig welder
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 03:00 PM   #19
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Re: Tig welder

IMO you can not spend too much on a GOOD helmet if you weld much at all. Once your old and blind like me you want something with a WIDE lens and a 1.5 or 2 power cheater!!!, and some LIGHT so you can see WTF your doing. I spent a bit at cyberweld.com but it's amazing what a difference a GOOD helmet makes.
I bought a Digital Performance and added the light and cheater lenses. It's is all I need for the Miller SyncroWave 200. I've welded stainless, aluminum sheet steel, and even some crazy alloys I didn't know what it was. I'm by far not a 'good' welder, but the right equipment is a MUST if your going to stand a chance to learn.

Funny a GOOD experienced welder seems to be able to make a BEAUTIFUL weld with a $49 Harbor Fright POJ.,, but as a novice i need ALL THE HELP HE CAN GET!!

http://www.small-block-chevy.com/ima...weldHelmet.JPG

that's a huge picture,, try it as a linky dink

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.

Last edited by Marv D; 07-26-2016 at 03:06 PM.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote