View Single Post
Old 08-14-2016, 04:39 PM   #16
Brim

Re: HOW TO: Split the brake lines (many have asked)

What's going on everyone? Got a question, Im installing a dual m/c on my 64 c10 with booster and I have taken off my m/c a couple of times, each time I do the push rod and brake pedal moves in out freely. Once installed (the lines are not connected) the pedal does not move downward to bleed my brakes...? Even if the lines are connected I get the same results.
Im using a doorman part #M76162, with the original single jar push rod. The m/c has been bench bled. I noticed when installing it I have to push the m/c piston in against the rod in able for it to reach the bolts before I can screw the nuts on. I think my piston is bottoming out and acting like the brake pedal is engaged. This is why the brake pedal will not travel. Am I on the right track with this assumption and if so how can it be fixed?
Also I replaced all my lines with a kit from inline tube. Keeping the exact original setup. I then realized I cannot run both lines into the same tee. Looks like I will have to add an additional line just for the brake line that feeds the rear ones and cap off a tee somewhere. So that the lines can be connected properly (Rear bowl to Front Brake Line - Front bowl to Rear Brake Line). Any info or help on the push rod and lines would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brim
Brim is offline   Reply With Quote