Old 09-01-2016, 12:11 AM   #54
joe231

Re: My 1991 Crew Cab project

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbrow454 View Post
Man that's looking good under there!
Thanks!!
I still need to clean the underside

So I needed to use my truck to go pick up some furniture, so I finished mounting the newer style seat last night (still need to modify it, the back of the seat sits too high) and bolted the rear seat back in. Then today we loaded up and went to leave, I had I power steering, the speedo wasn't working, and the transmission wouldn't shift. So I started troubleshooting the speedo. I put the rear on jack stands so I could run it. I wasn't getting any voltage from the VSS to the DRAC. I pulled the DRAC, cleaned it up and ohmed it out. It ohmed good so I plugged it back in, back probed it with my meter and fired it up. I was getting voltage from the VSS and the speedo was working. So it was a bad connection at the VSS. Oh and while I was under the truck I noticed my O2 sensor is broken, so I guess I'll be doing the 3 wire O2 sensor sooner than expected...

One problem-o-the-day down off to the next, no power steering. Fluid is good. Fired it up and watched the PS pulley stop, no belt squeal. I believe my cold pressure washing under the hood may have spread some grease onto the belts and pulleys. I cleaned everything up with some brake clean. The power steering was better but the belt still slipped now with squealing. Figured I needed to tighten the belts. Once I started to to tighten the PS belt I could that the pump was loose, last person to work on it didn't tighten the adjuster bolt now with belts tight and clean my power steering works great lol!

And I got my front bumper installed, finally!
I still need to clean it.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1011
Size:  64.4 KB