View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 08:53 PM   #478
NastyBuzzard

Re: Let's Build A 1 Ton Crew Cab 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmlxix View Post
I forget what you're doing for wheels but look into some Dodge takeoff wheels. I think 17s will clear but really close. I had some Hummer H2 wheels on mine and the caliper was very very close to the inside of the rim.
I will be running 3rd gen (I think) cummins wheels. The 17" 5 star ones. I posted pics of them earlier in the thread. I don't see how it would ever clear 16" wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83GMCK2500 View Post
Any updates? You're moving down my list of subscribed threads, can't have that.

Oh no!!!! I am sorry. I have been very busy, all around. Family, Work, Shop, Truck and so on!

I do have a few pictures though.

My grandpa gave me this 1.5 ton electric heater so I wired it up. I am thinking if I was fully insulated and all it would be enough but as is I think I need at the least a 2 ton.

I did get the PS all finished up as far as the hub/bearings/seals install goes. Passenger side is almost done. I was thinking I could get away with using the dually studs 610-194 studs from dually but once I installed them they have too much play and could easily push out. So I need to drill out the other hub for the 610-303 studs.

I even went to put on the brakes and be done with that side and of course damn caliper bracket had a frozen pin in it. I had it assembled and it was all crooked and I was like holy ****, this isn't going to work. Then I noticed the frozen pin. I reached for the other bracket to use and then remembered I never got another one. So I had to order all that up. Waiting on new pins to arrive tomorrow for install.

My turbo/mechanical injection swap stuff arrived!! Got lots of cleaning to do.

Checked for clearance one final time to make sure I won't need damn spacers. Looks Good!

Gotta clean up and paint the hydroboost unit from the 83 donor. Came with my turbo/mech ip parts.

Installed my engine xmember Yes I need new motor mounts.

Started installing the 83 6.2 wiring harness w/ the 91 front end light wiring harness. The 6.2 harness looks totally different than what I am used to. Actually I have never even messed with a square harness that wasn't TBI.

I also gotta decide which instrument panel to use.. The tach one I made is for electric speedo.

Also the best part is, I wired up the heater and all my receptacles. I finally have more than 1 outlet! I have like 14!!! It is so exciting haha. Still have to wire 220 for my welder though and a few more things.

I also got me a pedestal mount for my bench grinder finally as well and hooked it all up.

Had a good Christmas, hope you all did too!

Happy new year as well!!

Hopefully I will have more updates after the weekend. I have lots I am working on for sure.

Still struggling with getting the rebuilt banks turbo to me. He can't find one bushing/bearing from anyone apparently. They keep sending him the same one that won't fit.
2010 CTS V- The "NastyBuzzard"
1979 Trans Am - Eventually getting 6.0/T56 swap with boost
NastyBuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote