View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 08:30 AM   #486
NastyBuzzard

Re: Let's Build A 1 Ton Crew Cab 4x4

Ok. Since the 83 harness doesn't have connectors for intermediate wipers, I will be using the 88. So it is going back in. What changes to it do I need to make for the diesel?

I really need some diesel wiring harness info. I have never even been through a carbed wiring harness on one of these trucks. Always had TBI trucks.

For instance, I know this harness is for the diesel bezel where the two lights are for glow plugs and water in fuel but where does it connect into the cab harness?

Also, what the hell is this red box?

I did build my cluster last night. Went from 3 clusters robbing parts to make one. I still NEED to track down a decent mechanical speedo with a working trip meter, this one is so loose it doesn't do jack. Also a wire harness for the tach would be nice

Also, I have been hella curious if the motor is going to bolt right in or if it was going to be a fight like before. I am not sure if you remember but I never got this engine to bolt in all the way when I had the 4x4 xmember in. It was about 1/8" off to one side and I could never get it to align. Well after a little bit of trying, voila. She bolted right in perfectly!

I also removed the ds door because it was just all in my way. Plus it needs replacing anyways. Funny thing I found was the door pins. Someone apparently tried to replace them but got the wrong stuff. They are barely all the way through and still up at least an inch above them instead of being flush.

Also, what is the cheapest but still decent quality dynamat like material? I want to order some and try it out. I have never used any before and want some decent sound deadener on this rig!
2010 CTS V- The "NastyBuzzard"
1979 Trans Am - Eventually getting 6.0/T56 swap with boost
NastyBuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote