View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 06:22 PM   #50
Northwest Outlaw

Re: '61 Apache "BoomStick"

Continuing to make steps forward, getting closer to a drive-able truck again. A running engine isn't much good without a throttle control, so i ordered some Mr. Gasket Carburetor Linkage Standard Ball Joints and whipped one out real quick! Luckily it didn't require anything crazy, just one rod from the stock pedal armature to the Quadrajet and a return spring. Took a cue from Roadkill Garage and used a zip-tie for one of it's million uses to get the right length of rod. I left some play for adjustment if needed.
Also got the back wheels on. I had to use 1.5" spacers to get the 245s to sit centered in the wheel wells. Spacers aren't the "right way to do that" i know, but for temporary wheels and tires off craigslist for cheap it will do the job until i can order some Detroit Steel wheels with the correct backspacing.
My new Champion 3 core radiator should be arriving tomorrow, i'll take the drive shaft in for shortening and balance and then I just need to button up a few hoses to the th400 before her first test drive.
Attached Images

Northwest Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote