View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 01:18 PM   #40
mr48chev

Re: 1950 Chevy truck- types of Bench seats

I've test sat some of those Wise Guy seats at their display at a Goodguys event before and they sit good but the bare seat frame stretches a lot of budgets before you spend a couple of times that on covering it.

The only thing that I can add is pick a seat that looks right for the rest of your build along with being priced right and being comfortable. Some of these modern really comfy big bolster seats really look out of place in old trucks along with some of them that have all the plastic pieces on them.

On the other end of the spectrum the real plain base level 88-90 or so Chevy truck seat isn't comfortable at all. A friend gave me one for my 71 after his wife bought him a Flexsteel seat for his 88 and that seat was like sitting on a plank of wood when you drove it very far. We replaced that with a swap meet find split bench out of an extended cab that is super comfortable but wouldn't look right in and AD. Ended up giving the other seat away to get rid of it to a guy who needed it.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote