View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 01:47 PM   #41
Dan in Pasadena

Re: 1950 Chevy truck- types of Bench seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidaxel View Post
I am for rebuilding the stock seat

remove the springs from the back and make a plywood/foam back and use the stock frame
There is plenty of room in these old trucks!

Use everything for the bottom stock seat, save time and money use what you have
Here's a photo from JJ's (ChuckDriver) build thread of what was done to his seat:

This has kind of frozen my progress on my seat because I stripped it of the old cracked 70's re-upholstery and was about to send the frame/springs for powder coating. BUT, if I don't need the springs and junk, then why do it all? Anyway, i thought you guys might like to see solidaxel's suggestion "in the flesh".

I too want to make sure I don't feel crowded but at only 5'-10" (on a good day, you shrink as you get older- ugh!) i don't THINK stock springs will be a problem. Also, I'd like to have the drop down center arm rest too but if i use the stock seat I'll order an on-seat center console:
http://www.cupholdersplus.com

Last, i have an early 50's Ford split back car seat that might work and allow easier access to behind seat storage if i can figure out how to adapt the TF sliders

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!

Last edited by Dan in Pasadena; 02-06-2017 at 02:09 PM.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote