View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 09:37 PM   #72
Tennypicou1

Re: Project General JD "Ole Jack"

Update to the build last year I installed a used 700R4 was told it only had 44000 miles on it. I should have rebuilt it but didn't have the money at the time. I drove about 150 miles after install and transmission started slipping. It could have been the used transmission, I did see a lot of clutch material when I changed the fluid in it, or maybe I didn't adjust the TV cable properly. So anyway that brings me to this year. I decided to get a built 700R4 transmission from Animal Performance Transmissions "excellent customer service". I purchased the Revenger 700R4 good for 650hp with a constant pressure valve body, no longer need to worry about the TV valve being adjusted properly. Awaiting delivery now. I was lucky enough to have a buddy let me use his garage so I can work in a nice warm garage so we discussed some issues the engine was giving me with oil leaks and blow by. So I decided to purchase a brand new 350 and get rid of the 305 V8. Searching for the best price I found the 350 for $1352.99 with all tins from Radley GM in VA. Many new parts from summit. Just tired of piecing and finally biting the bullet getting a reliable truck. Fixing odds and ends while I am waiting for trans to be delivered. More updates to come and many long trips.