View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 09:26 AM   #879
chad64chevy

Re: my '64 c-10 swb project with steel floor from a '70

so I haven't posted on here in awhile but thought I would just let you know i'm still alive!!

Since the first part of Dec. I have had a problem with SelfMade Fab ( http://www.selfmadefab.com/products ) doing some work for me, and never sending me my stuff, I made a very big mistake a gifted the money to him so I don't think I will get my money back! it's been weeks since I have had contact with him, and when I did he said tracking shows it was delivered a month ago but wouldn't give me the tracking number and never let me know he sent it in the first place!
anyways "I got screwed" an will never buy from him!!

as far as the truck goes, I have been working to much and when I do work on the truck it's for very little time! and i'm still cutting rust out of the cab, I have enough donor pieces to fix the rust I have! no more aftermarket patches on the cab, I got oem patch pieces with no rust or holes in them to fix my cab!! i will say this at one point i gave up for a few weeks and wished i had a better cab, then one day while doing some searching i found a guy selling stuff i needing, when i got to his places i bought almost everything he had! long fleetside begsides, couples dashes, complete inner roof skin (no rust or holes), original complete outter windshield patch (no rust or holes), inner door panels with no dents, complete gauges, hood hinges and springs, etc. i'm missing some stuff, but I got a whole truck load of stuff! the guy cut everything perfect all on the otherside of the spotwelds, if I would have brought a trailer with me I would have got more stuff! but he gave me a price, and I know I scored big time! just to have no more rust in my cab made it worth it, but I can sell some stuff and make my money back
chad64chevy is offline   Reply With Quote