View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 07:04 PM   #62
sweetk30

Re: so i went and looked at this today

the used engine - the amount of rust in the cylinder and on the wall we can see with a bore scope its going to 98% change be a junk head and at least rebuild the head .

the local machine shop said I drop off all the parts and he does up a motor turn key broke in on his stand and tested with warrenty over 3k bucks. and its starting the race season rush so who knows when he could do it .

I am digging deep in to this pig and getting closer to time to cut my losses ( small amount ) and sell the dump box off it and make my own toy or flatbed hauler out of it .

I also could do a cummins 8.1 diesel / allison auto combo but that's going to cost me 4-5k range for a good take out . then fab up mounts and few other items. way more than what I wana do on a chance someone would buy it . . .

if I made a toy out of it it would be a 4x4 swap and some sort of late model motor swap in / or 6vxx series diesel engine.

I just don't know right now. . . . . I don't wana make it 100% and then loose my arss on sale . . . . if I have to break even now is the time for the part out and make a toy .
85-c10sb summer fun toy .
-----------------------------
HOLLEY SNIPER efi = worst case of p.i.t.a i ever had .

EDELBROCK pro flo 4 = best deal going so far . love my setup works great.
sweetk30 is offline   Reply With Quote