View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 06:43 PM   #7
sKnNyPpY

Re: Putting something in holes

I will hopefully (finally) have the door speakers hooked up this weekend. I ordered some grommets and have to drill out some holes larger to get the flat speaker wire I'm using to fit. With the Kicker amp the Kick panels SHINE! Probably enough sound from just them and the little sub, but I already had the holes and the 4 channel amp...so I'll let your know about the fill with the additional speakers hooked up.

To get the Polk 6.5 to work with the kicks I first had to get grills that would fit IN to the panels and not on top of them sticking out too far. I used Parts Express #260-418 Steel Mesh 2-Piece Grill for 6" Speaker Black. They fit the Polk DB-652 shallow mount speakers perfectly....except for some little metal and plastic tabs at four points around the speaker that I cut off with a little hack saw, then the tabs all lined up. Then the grills were a little too close to the speaker and was contacting the surround, so I cut some little plastic spacer tabs from the rings that were included with the speakers, I couldn't use the whole ring because there were tabs sticking out everywhere. Held the spacers in place with some double stick foam tape and used the little metal fold over tabs the anchor the speakers, spacers, and grill bases to the kick panels in the holes I drilled in them matching the speaker mounting holes. Spray mounted a little rubber insulation on the back of them with slits in it to fit the speaker wire. Think that was it! couple pics on this thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...48#post7846548
2.5 CPP Spindle, 1" CPP Drop Spring, CPP Front and Rear Sway Bars/DJM Flip, new General Spring KC 5 spring pack, HEI /IntReg Alt
20x8.5 OldSkools 5" BS, 275/45 Falkens

Last edited by sKnNyPpY; 03-21-2017 at 06:55 PM.
sKnNyPpY is offline   Reply With Quote