View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 12:25 PM   #91
NeoJuice

Re: 1952 Project 1433

Here is a small weekend update.

-Got the rear rotors off the truck. Even after soaking the sh*t out of them with penetration fluid the night before, I'll tell you it's a good thing I bought that 6" puller. Even with the puller when it started to get tight I had to use a snipe on the wrench. I honestly thought I was going to snap both of the rotors in half it was that bad and rusted.

-Firmly secured the B&M shifter to the floor inside the cab. I got the B&M shift bracket installed on the side of the transmission. Then when I went to install the cable bracket to the pan, I found out I didnt have the correct size alan key. So that ended that mission for now. The previous owner built this whole engine with alan key bolts!!!!

-Pulled the distributor and valve covers off and the fuel lines/log off the firewall. Then I checked with my oil pump priming tool & drill to see if there is any oil pressue. My oil pressure guage was reading about 50psi so I have good oil pressure and good amount of oil coming out of lifters. See the thing is, I bought the truck with the assumption that there was only a couple minutes of runtime and that it was a fresh rebuild. I wanted to see if there was oil pressure there because who knows when the last time the motor was actually running and I didnt want to have a dry start when the time comes.

-After pulling the distributor I pulled off the cap to check to see if it had points or been changed to electronic ignition and it was suprisingly. The PO didnt say anything about that. So now I have to decide if I get a whole new distributor or if I should just get a new cap, rotor and coil. The thing is for $139 I can get a whole new distributor. Buying the parts will probably cost me the same amount. I also couldnt find any referance on the pertronix website of the
34AD-v5 parts so that might be a good indication to get a new distributor.

-Hopefully this week I can get the rad drained and get the manifold taken off. I'm then going to swap on the holley manifold and get started on rebuilding the carb. I'm not sure how I'm going to do that as of yet, I was going to remove the automatic choke and take it to a shop and have it dipped to get it all cleaned up. What do you suggest?

That's all the update I have for now.
NeoJuice is offline   Reply With Quote