View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 09:19 PM   #153
joedoh

Re: 1941 project fenix

front clip on, still needs to drop an inch but looks way better than it did

lines right up on the support bar and on the new core support mount I designed

The 19x22 fits the 47-55 trucks but just barely doesnt fit the 41-46. I could have made it work, I actually called a couple aluminum welders today, I needed the lower outlet cut off and turned so it went outward instead of inward, and a trans cooler installed. the guys that would do it wanted $200+. probably should have taken it in person, probably a lot of high quoting done when you cant see what your are talking about. anyway I measured the ACTUAL size (hint, it aint 22)

and started looking online for radiators. I remembered Bartman had a mustang rad so I texted him, last I talked he was on the fence about using it and I didnt feel like ordering one for ebay and waiting a week. He didnt want to sell but told me some auto parts stores had them in stock, so I looked around and sure enough

its from a 302 auto so the trans cooler is in there too, saving me a step. but its narrower and the bottom outlet is further inboard, so to keep the clutch fan I will need to modify my fancy core support mount. good thing I hadnt welded it up yet haha, procrastination is sometimes just common sense.

working all weekend, stay tuned!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote