View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 07:21 AM   #546
NastyBuzzard

Re: Let's Build A 1 Ton Crew Cab 4x4

Woo! Why are people charging so much for that cover! Looks like I will be making my own.

Thank you for the bolt size. I ended up using about 3/8-1.5" and now I know why that was a pain in the ass. 1" would have been so much easier, those 1.5" took forever to thread all the way in. Lesson learned.

Did some more tinkering with driveshaft lengths. Was able to swap one I had for a longer one at the junkyard but I overestimated and got one 2" too long so got to go back and swap for a bit shorter one. Just excited I was able to swap and save the $ I was going to spend on getting a shaft made. Seems I need one around 76", the 78" one is the exact length from the axle flange to the back of the tcase.

Also got the trim piece I have been needing for the bed for free!! Needs a little bit replaced on it b/c of rust but it fits perfectly!!!

Latest and greatest of the brade adapter arrived!

This spring has to be used, AC delco hardware kit, dorman one comes with a normal spring that rubs the hub.

So since I noticed the rear axle was a bit forward b/c of my flip bracket I made. I ordered some EZ inch, new Ubolts and the Ubolt flip bracket. So I had to drop axle. Hopefully, I can get all that in soon and axle back under.

Also for reference this is the diameter of the oil cooler line piece for the 6.5.

If all goes to plan I should be going to pick up an 02 2500HD 4x4 DirtyMax this week. It will be our CutBros. truck, at least it is a start. We have intent to design lift parts for it as well.
2010 CTS V- The "NastyBuzzard"
1979 Trans Am - Eventually getting 6.0/T56 swap with boost
NastyBuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote