View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 12:37 PM   #805
knomadd

Re: Knomadd '71 SWB C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
The DD gauge setup come with a Demo mode that puts it through it's paces, .

Looking great Duane, .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
That's smart . I wish I had done that on my Suburban...
Thanks Rob. I wasn't going to do it, but I couldn't get the #12 hose to fit over the larger fitting and I really didn't want to run standard rubber heater hose. My other concern was when I have to replace this water pump, I'll have to do it again. "What if it happens on the road?" Well, the water pump should last me 100,000 miles or more, so it shouldn't be a problem. This will look better then a hose clamp on the end of the EZ clip hose too. I'm glad I went this route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMcMasters View Post
Great idea and I think I'm going to steal it if you don't mind. Did the fittings come from vintage air? Do you have a part number?
Steal away! I actually got the idea from another forum, but they used AN fittings. These fittings are from Vintage Air, part numbers are:
36033-MPA - Manifold Heater Fitting (stainless) Straight 1/2” NPT to #10 male O-ring
36032-MPA - Manifold Heater Fitting (stainless) Straight 3/8” NPT to #10 male O-ring

Here's a tip: Just hit the stainless hose barb fitting a few times from different angles to work it loose and pull them from the pump. Once that's done, the hole should be large enough for the tap. Don't waste your money on the drill bits for the 1/2" tap. You'll need to drill the smaller hole a bit deeper for the 3/8" tap to go deep enough into the water pump. It gets difficult to turn the tap, so I bolted the pump back up to the block to tap it. I did tape off both the engine and water pump before I did this though.

Oh, and make sure you don't already have the 3/8" & 1/2" NPT taps before you order more. I now have two sets.

C/10 Club Texas member
1971 Chevy C10 "Brutus" SWB Fleetside 2016 6.0L (L96) 6L90E (driver/project)
1965 Pontiac GTO "Royal Goat" 400/TH400 w/AC (my baby)

Last edited by knomadd; 04-24-2017 at 12:46 PM.
knomadd is offline   Reply With Quote