View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 09:46 AM   #37
WTX-65LWB

Re: 1965 C10 LWB - Bringing Back a Part of the Family

Been a while since I have posted anything on the truck. Life seems to get busy and slow down progress!

Since I last posted, I got the truck put back together and into a road-legal condition. I decided to go this route so I could enjoy driving the truck for a few months while the weather was too cold to work on the body. During this time, I ran into issues with the rear-end (worn completely out) so I had to rebuild it last summer. While hunting for parts, I was able to snag a 1992 Suburban with a TBI 350 for a price I couldn't pass up. It may give up its motor and some other parts for the '65. This week, I have updated the front suspension with upper tubular control arms (to improve stability by adding caster) and 2" drop springs. I put in a set of 4" drop springs to bring the rear down and level the truck. I also was able to find a complete set of 9" wide 5-lug rally rims so I bought a set of 31x10.5x15 tires and threw those on the truck. Overall, I am very pleased with the stance.

Looking for opinions:
The truck is currently equipped with a 292 inline 6 and S10 T5 (0.86 OD) and a 3.08 rear-end. It also has power steering, power brakes, and is equipped to support AC once it is hooked up. I also have the 1992 TBI 350 parts vehicle and a 1990 700R4. If I went this direction I would retain the factory fuel injection, etc. The truck will be used around town and for the occasional trip to work (60 miles round trip). I like both options and am on the fence on which direction to go. Which drivetrain would you guys run?

Pictures because we all love them!
Truck back together with a full coat of primer

Leaving my Parents Place - quick picture with Dad

The truck at home

Truck back on the ground after rear-end rebuild

Parts Vehicle picked up for a great price:

Truck with new 2"/4" static drop:
WTX-65LWB is offline   Reply With Quote