Great Progress Duane. Like the fuel cell pump install
Thanks Mike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringoloco View Post
Keep chipping away, looks good!
Thanks Chris.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic1947 View Post
Keep chipping away, Duane. I sympathize about the rivets. Had the same problem with some of mine. There's always a few that refuse to give up.
Thanks Vic. I've decided to punish myself and remove the rivets from the trans crossmember to use just the bottom section and delete the top pieces. 6 rivets for that (3 per side). I'm also going to replace the trailing arm crossmember so I can use a 4" aluminum driveshaft, so there are 14 more rivets to remove. So far they're all fighting me and I have to drill each one out to 3/8" before they will let go of the pieces they're trying to keep together. The top ones on the trailing arm crossmember are going to be "fun".
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Very nice progress Duane! I need more info about your fuel tank setup. I am preparing to build my own tank and will need a similar pump and sender setup. Did you make that pump housing? What pump are you using? thanks
Thanks Mike.
The tank was purchased from Brothers Trucks years ago. It showed up with Performance Online stickers and instructions in it. If you go that route, buy it from Performance Online and save you the Brothers markup. It's already baffled, so it'll work well for the electric fuel pump setup. I had a friend of mine that owns a machine shop make the retaining rings.

As for the pump, it's the pump out of the van my engine & trans came from. I did originally buy a pump and regulator from Tanks Inc, but I read somewhere the pump controls the flex-fuel ability. There isn't a fuel composition sensor in the van wiring, so I don't know how else it would be able to sense how much ethanol is in the fuel if it's not in the pump. I figured I'd run the stock pump to make sure it can determine the ethanol content and adjust the mixture accordingly. I don't plan on running e-85, but it would be nice to have the ability if I ever wanted too. It's mainly to compensate for the added ethanol in the colder months & climates.

C/10 Club Texas member
1971 Chevy C10 "Brutus" SWB Fleetside 2016 6.0L (L96) 6L90E (driver/project)
1965 Pontiac GTO "Royal Goat" 400/TH400 w/AC (my baby)
knomadd is offline   Reply With Quote