View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 10:45 AM   #40
e015475

Re: 49 GMC Five Window

Making some progress getting out of 'paint prison'

The inner fenders are cut and buffed. I took one outside to see if I could get a little better representation of the color in a photo - didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped (Excuse the 'artifacts' - still using a crappy cell phone)

Assembled the inner to the outer fender and mounted them on the truck. Everything is dirty from sitting in the shop for so long and it will be nice to have it home to clean it up.

Here's a detail of the 'relief' cut into the inner fender well to clear the headers. I have about 1" of clearance to the paint. Hoping this clearance plus the stainless I used and the ceramic coating will contain the heat enough to keep the heat from discoloring the paint

Started this side project on my bead roller. I want to make some aluminum door panels instead of using the stock cardboard. Picked up a ATV winch from HF a few weeks ago and motorized my bead roller

Speed of the bead roller is controlled by an old wa wa Crybaby pedal connected to a cheap ebay PWM controller and power supply. Need to practice with it a little to be able to follow the layout lines. Will use it to make a close out under the seat to replace the factory riser I removed, for the front bumper apron and some other details I want to make for the truck

Today I'll dig the GMC's hood out of the storage room and start prepping it for painting of the underside

Phil
e015475 is offline   Reply With Quote