View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 02:33 PM   #13
joedoh

Re: '47 3100 Build in Houston, TX

I like that TCI leaf kit more and more every time I see it. nice work!

dont forget ITP (inland truck parts) for driveshaft work, usually next day work and they work on big rigs, so little sway bars are "cute" to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
Tx99..I don't think the rear axle you have is from a zr2....zr2s didn't have sway bars..zr2s came with 3.73s and a g80 locker and are 3" wider than a standard s10 4x4....just in case you need parts
you are right mongo, its a blazer sway bar, from a 2dr, you can see the snubber for the bump stop on the leaf pad in the first picture (the rear is upside down) and its from a 2dr blazer because the sway bar goes forward, the 4dr had a gas tank in front of the axle so the 4dr blazer sway bar went to the rear. its definitely an 8.5 by the round cover and big axle tubes.

but they made a 2dr blazer ZR2, so depending on the width its either from a 2dr ZR2 blazer or a regular blazer 4x4 2dr that was equipped with a 5 spd trans, that was the only model that got the 8.5 rear (4.3 5 spd trucks and blazers) I have a 4.3 5 spd longbed and its got the 7.625, so it wasnt a guaranteed thing either.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote