View Single Post
Old 04-10-2004, 11:14 PM   #43
Bluegoose972

Tried a different approach today. On the drivers side, I removed the rocker boxes before fixing the floor. Today, I tore into the passenger side starting at about 10am. After messing with the rocker boxes for about an hour and not making much progress, I decided to cut out the passenger floor section while leaving the rocker box in place. No big deal. Well, after cleaning out all the foam inside the rocker box, I started looking at how to get the rocker box easier.....Wait...Do I need to remove at all?

Work smart, not hard.....Well, smart and hard is good too! I decided to try and replace the flooring without the rocker box removed. There are already two large holes cut into the rocker boxes that I will fix later, but use as access for now. Needless to say, the installation went pretty well. My front support brace was again missing due to heavy rust. Since the rocker box was still in place, I could not slide on the slip over repair section. So, I cut it in half and that worked pretty well. Once in position, I welded it back together.

At 5pm today, I finished welding the panels....7 hours, which is actually a pretty good improvement over the amount of time I spent on the drivers side. I still have some more work to do, but the big stuff is done on the flooring. I figure one more good day and I should be finished....Maybe tomorrow.

Do you think the family will be pissed if I spend the whole day in the garage on Easter? I think I will finish up next weekend. Spending time with the family sounds like alot more fun!
Bluegoose972 is offline   Reply With Quote